My grandmother always had a strawberry patch. Even when she moved from the farm, she dug up the strawberry plants and took them with her like they were fine china or cherished photos. She had many recipes for strawberry desserts, but this is one of my favorites. I was surprised to learn that very few people have had Baked Strawberry Pie.
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place one crust in a nine inch pie pan.
- Mix together sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Mix lightly through the berries. Pour filling into pastry lined pan, and dot fruit with butter. Cover with top crust, and cut slits in the top. Seal and flute the edges.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the crust is slightly browned.